Maribor is a city that hosts many sporting events at European and world level. In our hotel we easily approache many athletes with increased beds for athletes, personalized diet, a room for socializing and conversations, organizing transfers to the nearby sports facilities, or to competition, favorable prices for groups and a large parking lot in front of the hotel.
We have hosted several sports teams from different countries in the past ten years:
- Alpine women’s teams from Austria, Germany, Andorra, France, Liechtenstein, Slovakia and Switzerland,
- Swimming teams from Slovenia, Germany, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Malta, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Macedonia, Greece, etc.,
- Mountain bikers,
- Gymnastics and athletics teams,
- Hockey and volleyball players,
- Karate, Tae kwon do, Ju-jitsu participants
- Chess players,
- Bridge players,
- Tennis players,
- Basketball players,
- Water polo players, etc..
Athletes enjoy staying at our hotel. They are offered:
- comfortable accommodation,
- extended beds,
- all daily meals with food adjusted to the needs of every single team,
- the option of enjoying and resting on our sunny terrace,
- immediate vicinity of the Pekrska Gorca hill,
- outdoor trainings,
- large free parking place, for several buses,
- free internet in common areas and rooms,
- use of sauna, massage room,
- good price.
Last september, Maribor was awarded the title ”European Sports City 2018”. The ACES EUROPE Commission has decided that we have developed an exemplary sports policy with good facilities, programs and activities. In 2018, we have several international competitions already confirmed along with many more local events. Maribor will host:
- European Maxibasketball Championships – championship for Veterans,
- European Taekwondo Championship and Junior Taekwondo championship,
- European kickboxing championship,
- Ski World Cup (The Golden Fox),
- World Ice Hockey Championships for Women,
- Introductory competitions in the European Mountain Biking Cup.
In 2018 the Municipality of Maribor will pursue the following goals: to increase the promotion of Maribor as a destination for sports tourism, to increase the number of foreign visitors to sports events, to increase the attendance of sports events in the city, to increase the number of active citizens, to increase the use of public sports infrastructure and to increase the number of opportunities for hosting domestic and foreign teams, hosting national, European and world competitions, tours and championships.